
Dearest Jules,
Well, that just sounds like a wonderful Saturday in New York. I'm so glad you made it out to the beach with Mama, Zoe and Brian (even if the sand got everywhere). When I come home, I DEFINITELY want to build a sandcastle with you. I have to admit that building sandcastles is one of my very favoritest activities in the whole world. Maybe we can make a sandcastle skyscraper together...
Today in Taos we got up very, very early. I thought the students would get a bit upset when I made them start climbing the cliffs in the gorge at 6:15 in the morning, but I think they were still too tired to protest. Anyway, at about 7 am, the hot air balloons passed by us as they floated down the gorge. (Can you believe they float down so close to all the cliffs? Maimai would be realllllyyyy scared if she saw them, I suspect.) The balloons put everyone in a better mood and we proceeded to have a very good day recording all the pictures on boulders. Here's one that we recorded today of two deer hiding out in a small overhang...



Later on in the afternoon, I was walking along the edge of the gorge, high above the Rio Grande, when I saw another strange sight. Waaayyyy down below me on the river was an old man on a surfboard paddling up river! I don't know where he was going, but I have to say I was mighty impressed.

So my darling girl, that's all I have to report from over here. All the students are outside around the campfire playing music and having a grand time, knowing that they have tomorrow off. I think I may join them and see if my fingers have healed enough to play a little guitar. If they have healed, I'll sing a little song for you. Listen for it in your sleep...
I love you so much,
Your dada
No comments:
Post a Comment