Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Loveliest Julesy Larou

Dearest Jules,

Oh, it makes me so happy to see so many photographs of you and to see you looking so beautiful. You really are the most wonderful girl, and it looks as if you and Mama are having a super fun summer. I'm so glad. And I'm also so glad your teachers liked the mug. (Did they really drink out of it ten times already? They must have had to go to the bathroom!)

Here in Taos we had a full day of climbing around boulders looking at a whole bunch of pictures of feet pecked on the sides of cliffs. It's as if the people living here a thousand years ago were climbing right up the side of the wall! There are even some tiny little feet that might be from someone just your size. All in all, it was a very interesting day. So many clues to think about. 

We also had a new student join our project: Matt Sanger. He's one of the graduate students in the Columbia department, and he's very nice. (I'll try to take a picture of him tomorrow so you can start to get to know him.) Anyway, we had a big dinner party to celebrate his arrival and then we all sat around the campfire and sang songs. I played the guitar ever though my finger still really hurt. They're sort of throbbing now, and I think tomorrow I'll be paying the price...

The only photograph I have for you is of New Buffalo again--this time a part of the commune that I'm sure you'll remember. Isn't it lovely?

You fill my heart up. I love you so much.

Your Dada

PS. The tomato plants are getting so big! How cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment