Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jokey Jules!


Dearest little one,

Everyone around the breakfast table LOVED your last set of jokes--just the thing for a bleary-eyed group of archaeologists. Here's the best one we could scrape together for you: 

Q: Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
A: Because if they flew over the bay they'd be bagels!

We're all tired over here because last night Jim (the fellow who lives nearby with the tipi) called just before dinner and said we were all invited to come to his house for a "journey." So we all wolfed our dinner down, crammed in the van, and went to Jim's. Jim is a shaman who helps people have really wild dreams, and we all spent the night lying on his floor in the dark while he drummed and waved eagle feathers over us. I saw you in my dreams at first--you looked like a little reflection of light on a ripply river. Then an eagle came and sort of landed on top of me. The rest got a little weird. But every came away happy.

Today we're out hiking in the gorge again... and we'll all be going a bit slower than usual, I think. I sure do love you and Mama. You two keep me going when I'm feeling slow. And right now all I want is the time to speed by until I see you in Iowa. By the way, did Mama tell you that we get to sing together at Dee and Nana's wedding? It's going to be great!

I love you so much little one,

Dada


No comments:

Post a Comment