Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fishergirl, fishergirl, what will you do? What will you do today?

Dearest Miss Jules,

Wowee! What a fish! I wonder... did you sing your enchanting fishy song to lure such a beautiful specimen to your fishing pole? Do you remember the songs we sang last summer? I think one of them went like this:

Fishy, fishy, come into my house.
There's a lovely omelet here for you,
Filled with squirmy worms.
I made it for your breakfast,
filled with squirmy worms.
Squirmy worms, squirmy worms,
They are so good to eat!
Fishy, fishy, come into my house...

(Or something like that.)

Here in Taos, Mama and I are having coffee and talking about what a good time we had yesterday and what a good time we'll have today. Yesterday we saw five houses, most of which were on the edge of the gorge in the middle of big open fields of sage. They were pretty houses (see first photo), but none of them had a treehouse--actually none of them really had proper trees at all. So I don't think we're especially keen to live out there.

Then I took Mama down to Pilar to check out the house that started this whole adventure. Mama thought it was super cool too, and both of us were sure you'd completely love it. We ate some of the apples and plums that were growing next to the house and walked around for a while, dreaming up all sorts of places on the property where the three of us could grow tomatoes and corn or play hide and seek or have dinner picnics overlooking the pretty Pilar Valley (see second photo, taken from the house). The only sad news is that someone else is already trying to buy the house, so we'll have to wait to see if it's even still available.

Anyway, then Mama and I went for a wonderful, wonderful hike in the mountains. We didn't find any archaeological sites, but it smelled of sage and juniper and there was a cool breeze and epic views (see third photo)--all of which made it very romantic (see fourth photo).

Today, we're taking a break from the house hunt to do a bit of reading and writing, though I'm sure we'll take another little hike this evening. If we do, we'll send photos. Meanwhile, send on a picture of your fish dinner as well as one or two from Sweet Pea's Restaurant. We love you all over the place, little one.

Stop. Go.

Your Dada and Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment