Saturday, June 27, 2009

To Jules from your Taos Dada with very dirty hair

Dearest Jules,

Do you believe that I haven't taken a shower since I saw you last? You would think my greasy hair looks really funny, I suspect--and, you'd be right! (I'm wondering how many days I can go and how dirty I can get. I'll let you know...)

Last night we cooked a big meal for all the New Buffaloans. The New Buffaloans are all the guys (no girls) who live at the commune here, and they're all very, very funny with big scraggly beards. And they like to talk late into the night about how we should all be living in caves eating nuts, berries and weeds. You might be a little suspicious of them at first, but I think you'd love them after a few days. Anyway, the meal was great, and then we played guitar and sang old cowboy songs late into the night. I told everyone you're a singer, and I also told them they had to sing "Buckets of Rain", "Wild World", and "59th Street Bridge Song" because I know you love them. (They didn't sing them as well as you do, I'm afraid, but it was a good effort.) Next time, I'll try to make them sing "My Favorite Things." 

The picture I'm including is of the gorge again... but this time it has hot air balloons right in the middle of it! We saw the balloons yesterday morning while we were driving out to the survey. They're amazing. And dangerous. And beautiful in a scary sort of way.

Thanks for the wonderful, wonderful photos in your last letter. My heart swelled when I saw them. You make me so happy.

Love,
your dada


No comments:

Post a Comment