You, little one, are such a sweet girl--I'm so glad to have my magic box of notes with me while I'm away in New Mexico. I want you to know that I have the perfect spot for the box by my bed, underneath my cowboy hat, which I hang on the wall just above it. My room in New Buffalo is the same as last year, though the furniture has gotten much fancier and I now have a really nice fellow named Albert sleeping in the loft next to me. Albert is super nice, but he does snore an awful lot. Last night I woke up thinking there was a thunder storm.... but it was just Albert. Ah well.

Taos is as beautiful as ever and it smells like the loveliest sage and piñon perfume. (Do you remember what sagebrush and piñon trees look like?) Today we saw a double rainbow over the Sangre de Cristo Mountains (that means the blood of Christ--ask Mama about that) and we watched the sun set over the Taos Plateau through a big mass of clouds that looked like galloping horses. I don't have a picture of that, but I'll put in a shot of the gorge itself so you can see what I'm climbing around in every day.
I'm sending on lots and lots and lots of love to you and Mama. Sing her a song for me. (I saw on the daily journal that you've been making music lately--so cool!)
You are a few of my favorite things....
Your Dada
No comments:
Post a Comment